Comparison of LinkList,Tuples, Maps, HashDict and Keyword Comparison in Elixir
It’s an order collection of values. There is a tip for using Tuples, a typical tuples has two to four elements
- Once created, a tuples cannot be modified, the only thing we can do is matching(assigning) variable with new tuple.
- If the number of tuple element is great,(probably greater than 4 elements),
programmer should use
2. List (LinkList)
The list of Elixir is link-list, there are some features/specification that you should noted.
- It is easy to travel from head to tail, but expensive to get to particular
element for example
a. You will have to loop via 21 elements.
- It’s easy to add an new element to a link-list to the head or tail.
3. Keyword List
Keyword list is a list of tuples of pair values. An example below explain the keyword list.
- Keyword list allows duplicated key value, because in fact, it’s a list
Map is used to save collection with a pair of key and value. Unlike keyword list, Map does not allow duplicated keys. Accessing a map by: